That’s why we are committed to teaching our customers and law enforcement to recognize grease theft for what it is – a serious crime, often perpetrated by serious criminals with long arrest histories for very unfunny crimes.
Since thieves usually (but not always!) work under the cover of night, after restaurants have closed, how can you tell if your grease has been stolen? And what should you do?
Signs your grease has been stolen:
- Visual signs of access to your grease bin (a broken fence or barrier, or bin is out of place)
- Grease is spilled in your parking lot (beware - spilled grease isn’t only a slip hazard for your employees and customers, but any oily run-off into sewer drains could bring about environmental fines)
- The grease level in your bin is down, and your service provider was not scheduled to empty the bin (know when your contracted service provider normally picks up your used cooking oil)
- You, or your neighbors, notice suspicious trucks or individuals around your bin corral, or…
...there’s something that just doesn’t look right. Call the authorities and let us know.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU “CATCH A THIEF”?
- Don’t literally try to catch him!
- If it’s safe, mark down a license number or vehicle description as you…
- …CALL 911.
- Then, call your grease service provider.
- Report any descriptive information you have, without putting yourself or others in danger.
If you’re interested in how to PREVENT grease theft, our website can tell you more. Click here.
Our company is serious about combatting this crime. We even have our own security squad, the “Grease Police”. Consider DAR PRO if you need professional grease collection or trap service from a company that really does care about their customers and communities.
This is the second in our Grease Theft blog series.
Read the first article in our series: "Grease theft: It's Real, it's Serious, it's a Crime!"
DAR PRO Solutions is a thought leader in the industry for used cooking oil management and grease trap services. Our innovative equipment solutions, strong customer support, and service expertise will make handling grease a worry free part of your business. Reach out to a DAR PRO representative today and find out how your ghost kitchen or restaurant can benefit from our partnership. Call us 24/7/365 at 855-DAR-PRO1 (855-327-7761).