Improper disposal of meat-based food waste presents a real and critical threat to human, animal and environmental health. In order to prevent decomposition, which can release harmful greenhouse gases and pathogens, these materials must be disposed of in a safe and timely fashion. That’s where we come in!
At DAR PRO, we help with containment, collection and repurposing of material from grocery stores, butcher shops, meat lockers and packing plants nationwide. Our solutions provide customers with the most economical and environmentally viable option for handling of meat-based waste. With us by your side, you can be confident that you are partnering with an experienced and trusted leader throughout the rendering industry.
- We deliver storage containers (barrels) or custom equipment (processing plants) to meet your needs
- Service is set up on a dedicated schedule to ensure timely removal of meat by-products
- Licensed professionals use specialized, state-of-the-art equipment for quick and efficient removal
- Technicians ensure a clean and sanitary transfer of material from store to processing facility
- Material is handled responsibly, in accordance with federal and state regulations
- We supply an itemized invoice of services and full traceability of material collected
By partnering with DAR PRO to collect and process your inedible meat-by products you are also contributing to a healthy environment. Some benefits of rendering these products versus disposal methods such as landfills, composting or incarnation include:
- Diverting organic materials from landfills, compost heaps and ground burials
- Capturing carbon and nitrogen to avoid substantial GHG emissions
- Sparing the comparable space and resources required to grow crops
- Reducing demand for fossil fuels by recycling fats into biofuels
The rendering process allows for 100% of the materials we collect to be safely transformed into sustainable ingredients. The ingredients we produce are in turn used by manufacturers in a wide range of industries to make products used daily, including: animal feed, pet food, renewable diesel, organic fertilizer, green energy, cosmetics, industrial/household goods and more. Learn how we repurpose what others would consider waste in our blog article "A Second Life for Meat Scraps & Used Cooking Oil."
Your customers will appreciate that you are repurposing your residuals into resources